May 5, 2011

Wow.. its been five months. Although I havent posted in a long time, I have been crafting. I thought it was about time I took some pictures and updated the blog!

I wanted to play around with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this one.
I had a plain white card and randomly added colour. I used a cuttlebug embossing folder to create the frame and cut out the oval. Again I used Distress Inks on the frame to add depth, darkening the raised swirl part. On the frame around the image I added some faux stitching with a white gel pen.
Last but not least is the image! I love the stamps over at Sweet Pea Stamps. They always have sales and the regular prices are great as is. They have many wonderful artists who make beautiful images.
This stamp is called Come Softly by one of my favorite artists over there, Ching-Chou Kuik. The image was coloured with copic's.

When colouring images I always like to go back when it is finished and use the white gel pen to add the nice crisp white back into the eyes. Sometimes the ink bleeds or I work too fast and by accident get colour in that area. I like the sharp contrast in the eyes : )

Click to view larger

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails