November 30, 2010

3D Christmas Card

This image is from Stampin' Up and coloured with copics. I like the scene and its somthing different, recently I have been doing images of little girls.
I stamped it twice so I could pop up some of the elements. While looking at the picture and trying to decide what I was going to have pop up I noticed there are so many layers of elements in this scene. I thought about doing the light, the wreath, the skis etc. I finally settled on (with advice from my boyfriend hehe) the tree and sled. The bow is slightly elevated but not as high as the others. The light looked flat so I added crystal effects to help it stand out. I added this to the snow on the tree and the metal part of the sled as well.
The idea for ripping the paper on the side came from the Stampin' Up catalogue.

Crystal effects on the light and tree.

Crystal effects on the sled metal and stickles on the ornaments.

November 28, 2010

First Challenge Entry

I see a lot of bloggers participate in challenges and wanted to try it out.

Over at Anyone For Anya they have a sketch challenge and you need to use an image from The Greeting Farm or CC Designs. I just happened to have this cute one coloured and sitting on my desk waiting to be added to a project.

Luckily I coloured her in non-traditional colours so I’m able to enter the card in the challenge over at Mad For Markers as well. Currently their challenge is to make a Christmas card using non-traditional colours.

And lastly Copic Oz has their challenge of "Christmas with a twist." My non-traditional Christmas colours fits with this one too!

This is my first square card and I’m pretty happy with it.

November 24, 2010

Get Well Soon

My boyfriends grandma was sick so I made her a card. The image was one I had in my box of already coloured images. The stamp is from Whiff of Joy Stamps and coloured with copics.

I had just bought this new background stamp from Michaels and was excited to use it. I embossed it with clear powder. I'm still waiting for my distress ink pads to be delivered so I only have two colours of ink right now. I used a blue ink pad to distress the card and make the stamped image stand out a bit more.

If you want some help making the perfect bow, check out the bow easy.

I added some stickles to the white background of the image.

November 21, 2010

Magnets with the Kids

Every few weeks I have my niece and nephew over for the night. They love all the crafty things I have and get so excited when I let them make something. I have a box where I keep all the images I have coloured and havent used yet on a project. I layed them all out on the table and said they could each pick one and make it into a magnet. Using the Xyrom 5" create-a-sticker, we put the image through then stuck them to a thin sheet of magnet. I used my exacto knife to trim around the image and we were done!

My niece picked this cute one from CC Designs. This was pre-copic markers for me so it was done with Prismacolor markers. I painted over the image with mod podge after I coloured it for protection.

My nephew picked another image I coloured pre-copics. This one is also from CC Designs and was also coated with mod podge.

Check out VistaPrint if you havent already. They always offer free products and if you sign up you will receive emails with even more free things! For this project I used some leftovers I had from ordering the free large calendar magnets.

5" create-a-sticker from Xyron

November 6, 2010

Christmas card 2

I love this stamp!
Another new technique I've seen is to add glossy accents to the eyes. I like the effect it gives, makes it feel a bit more realistic. First time attempt to use the embossing ink pad to stamp for a subtle bakground. And like the last card, I added some blue from an ink pad to the outside edges. The jewel phrase was a sale item I picked up at Michaels a while ago.

November 5, 2010

Christmas Card

Time to start on the Christmas cards. I again trid some new technques. I used a green ink pad to add some darker colour to the outside edges, and it adds some dimension. I also poped up the larger flower and the leaves under it.

I stamped a second image to add the larger flower. For the laves underneath I cut around them on the bottom later and propped them up with a foam square. I was trying to have it look like a seperate middle layer; not part of the bottom image and not attached to the top flower. I coloured the blank space underneath the leaf so there wasnt a bright white spot visable.


Related Posts with Thumbnails