My boyfriends grandma just celebrated her 84th birthday and this is the card I made her.
The paper is from a girls pack by Martha Stewart.
The papers are double sided so the paterns go well together.
I used the foam squares to pop up the whole cupcake stamp.
This is a metal embellishment I got in a pack from the dollar store. The words didnt pop like I wanted so I went over the letters with a silver gel pen then took a copic marker to create the muttled colour on the surface. It looks a lot better in person, hard to photograph shiny objects.
I used green ribbon wrapped around the front of the card to attach the words. Instead of cutting the ribbon and gluing it only to the front I wrapped the ribbon inside and tied it to secure everything.
The cupcakes looked flat so I heat embossed the tops with a clear sparkle powder.
I found a combination of colours over at Color Me Copic for blond hair that I really like and I checked out a few tutorials on colouring hair. There was a post on the different markers used for each hair colour that I found very helpful, you can check it out here. I grabbed a few images and practiced colouring hair.
I used E50, E53, and a little bit of E97.
I found that E97 was a bit orange and after these images found I liked E33 more for the third colour.
I used a silver gel pen for the bracelet to add a little glamour. I also used my glue pen to adhere black embossing powder for the sunglasses. It wasnt as smooth as I wanted but I'm still practicing.
I added a little sparkle with a gel pen on the jeans details and throughout the flowers in th basket.
I used a sparkle gel pen for some highlights on the wings. I added purple stickles with my finger to spread it out so it wasnt as concentrated in one area. I also tried outlining the image as I've seen others do using B00
Color Me Copic is a great site, I love the techniques!
I have been using my new copic markers a lot lately and am so excited with what I've done so far. I think I enjoy the colouring part more because I have a bunch of finished images laying on my desk but havent put them together on any cards or other projects. My dads birthday was coming up so I tried to find some fun stamps to make his card. (Yes I know this isnt very manly but I like it!)
As I mentioned, the paper I have can lead to bleeding of the ink so I often cut the images out so you cant tell! I was worried about cutting the paper so thin where the strings are for the balloons and remembered I had some thread so I cut the image of the strings off completely. I poped up the balloons with the foam squares and actually tied the thread around each balloon end. I used my x-acto knife to make a small slit on the lions mouth to feed the thread through.
Another technique I tried on this card was heat embossing. I have a clear sparkly embossing powder I put on the balloons. I actually used my glue pen on them then sprinkled the podwer over top.
I tried using some of the techniques I have seen on other blogs to make the animals have nice fur.. lol.
Overall I am very happy with it.
(Click to see larger)
I feel like I'm in kindergarten again. I'm learning from the "big kids" who already know more than I do. I get excited when I try new techniques I've watched others do for so long. So please bare with me as I get excited over things as simple as heat embossing : )
I was so excited when my copics arrived in the mail. I instantly started working on techniques I have been reading about and watching on youtube.
This weekend we were invited to my boyfriends moms for thanksgiving dinner so I made her a card.
I started with the digital stamp first. This was the only fall image I have that isnt all about Halloween. I coloured the leaves first.. right away I learned that I am not using the best paper for these markers. I used regular white cardstock that I got from Michaels and when blending the ink bleeds.
I was very excited when I finished the hair;
I have learned a lot from long time marker users! : )
I've seen a lot of people do little 3-D effects on their cards and figured I would try that too! This card is full of first time techniques for me. I printed out two of the same image and used the leaves from the second image to add on top of the finished piece. I used those sticky foam things (not sure what they're actually called). Since the leaves are pretty small you could see the white foam fairly easily so I coloured them to match each leaf. (Click image to view larger)
So here is my finished card. I actually worked on this for several hours. Not sure how long most people take to colour. Maybe I work slow, I dunno. I used a patterned green for the background and added a strip of sparkly orange. Just for added effect I only rounded the two outside corners. I thought about writing something in the green space but dont really like my writing so I used a few of the extra leaves.
Now that I have my copics and am able to attempt projects like the beautiful ones I see,