October 28, 2010

Another Birthday Card

My boyfriends grandma just celebrated her 84th birthday and this is the card I made her.

The paper is from a girls pack by Martha Stewart.
The papers are double sided so the paterns go well together.
I used the foam squares to pop up the whole cupcake stamp.


This is a metal embellishment I got in a pack from the dollar store. The words didnt pop like I wanted so I went over the letters with a silver gel pen then took a copic marker to create the muttled colour on the surface. It looks a lot better in person, hard to photograph shiny objects.
I used green ribbon wrapped around the front of the card to attach the words. Instead of cutting the ribbon and gluing it only to the front I wrapped the ribbon inside and tied it to secure everything.

 



The cupcakes looked flat so I heat embossed the tops with a clear sparkle powder.


The cupcake digi stamp is from Squiggle Fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails