November 21, 2010

Magnets with the Kids

Every few weeks I have my niece and nephew over for the night. They love all the crafty things I have and get so excited when I let them make something. I have a box where I keep all the images I have coloured and havent used yet on a project. I layed them all out on the table and said they could each pick one and make it into a magnet. Using the Xyrom 5" create-a-sticker, we put the image through then stuck them to a thin sheet of magnet. I used my exacto knife to trim around the image and we were done!





My niece picked this cute one from CC Designs. This was pre-copic markers for me so it was done with Prismacolor markers. I painted over the image with mod podge after I coloured it for protection.



My nephew picked another image I coloured pre-copics. This one is also from CC Designs and was also coated with mod podge.


Check out VistaPrint if you havent already. They always offer free products and if you sign up you will receive emails with even more free things! For this project I used some leftovers I had from ordering the free large calendar magnets.

5" create-a-sticker from Xyron








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails