May 19, 2011

Impressabilities!

I love trying new things and I have been learning so much about paper crafting. I just looked back at my first blog entries and I have come so far! I almost wanted to remove posts of some of my first attempts but I didnt.

I recently bought a couple Spellbinders Impressabilities! On this recent card I used the Flower Silhouette on patterned paper. I lightly went over the embossed area with peeled paint distress ink to help the flowers pop.

I also got a MS butterfly punch. I punched one piece of purple paper, then punched some clear plastic. (I keep scraps from food and craft packaging like plastic and cardboard to use later) For the plastic butterfly I used a straight edge to help bend each wing up from the body, keeping the body flat to sit on the card. On the plastic I also ran a few lines of glue and poured glitter over. I then ran another bit of glue down the underside of the body on the plastic butterfly and adhered it to the paper one.

The girl is Queens Cutie from KennyKDownloads. Check out the site.. not only are the images great and affordable, there is a freebie each month!
The tree stump is from Whiff of Joy.


Click to view larger

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails