December 2, 2010

Straying from the holidays

I havent used my cricut for so long. It sits on a shelf above my desk right in front of where I sit when I'm working on something. I look at it almost every day but the laziness in me thinks about hooking it up to the laptop (I use Sure Cuts A Lot) and clearing a spot on the desk for the paper to move freely. Needless to say I dont use the Cricut as often as I should.

The svg cuts the paper to the right size to add to the card, and cuts the flower petals as well as a hole in the center of each flower. I dont remember where I got this svg from. I've searched for free svg's and have a large collection, unfortunately I didnt organize them to remember where I found them.

I used a regular white card as the base and added the purple paper cut from the cricut to the front. The flower petals are cut so you can bend/fold them up to add dimenion. I used a copic marker for the yellow middle, then used sparkle embossing powder on the petals.

The stamp is from Whiff of Joy and I think she is so adorable. She's coloured with copics and I'm really pleased with how she came out. I think I'm starting to get better with shading and blending!


Click to view larger


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails