April 25, 2010

Keychain

My guys mom went on a business trip to Arizona and brought us back a few things. She found a little turquoise bead in the shape of a skull. She suggested he could use it for a keychain.
In all my crafting goodies I happen to have beading supplies and told him I would make it into something for him.

It looks a lot better in person.. I used a small key ring
I liked the earthy look of the bead so I used copper wire and wood beads to go with it.

I made my own "head pin" for the bead with a coil at the bottom to match the attachment piece above.
I strung all the beads onto tigertail beading wire and used a crimp bead to secure. After the crimp was done I slid the beads around so it hid inside one of the beads.
The wood beads looked more like a big circle so I added another copper element in the middle to make it more narrow.
And finally at the top I made another copper element. I didnt want just a regular jumpring so I made it three loops where only one goes through the wood bead, then I played around with the remainder to make it more solid.

He's happy with it so I'm happy too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails